In some cases, you can fill in the application forms of the internships I promote and I will work with the company to confirm if you have been chosen for an interview.
If you are interested in having an intern I can pass on details of who is responsible for internship promotion within Metropolia Business School. If your company is a start-up, particularly an online startup I can assist you personally in finding a student intern.
MySites is looking for 2 interns:
– media intern, who’d like to make short blog posts, tutorials, and manage the community (eg, talk with the users on social media, engage the community).
– sales intern, who’d contact high traffic sites that need cloud storage (eg: “Dropbox for your site”).
MySites lets you easily save and share your high quality pictures, videos, music, documents or any other file on the web. http://www.mysites.com/
* You receive massive online space for free!
* You can get even more for free by receiving points.
* Or you can simply buy more if you’d like.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contact: Contact detail and this job description will be listed in Metropolia Tuubi tomorrow 23.11.2010
Social Media Internship (Muxlim is continuously looking for quality Interns)
Muxlim is a Muslim lifestyle Internet and media company that helps brands reach the Muslim consumer. Muxlim.com is also the world’s largest Muslim lifestyle social media. We are looking for energetic candidates who are passionate about the world of social media. As Muxlim is a diverse mix of people of all backgrounds, candidates need not be Muslim but rather simply have an interest in cultural diversity and media.
Length of Internship: Both short and long internships available
Salary: None but if successful as an intern, long term employment could be offered.
More information about the internship and the application form available by clicking here.
Noticed this request for an intern on ArcticStartup (very interesting)
Ambitious Startup Intern (arcticstartup.com)
Would you like to get hands-on experience of running a startup and get a boost to your professional network in the Nordic and Baltic startup ecosystem?
ArcticStartup, the biggest startup and growth entrepreneurship media in the Northern Europe, is looking for an entrepreneurial intern.
You will work with many aspects of running a startup, next to the CEO. You will also be in contact with one of the most widely recognized startups in the Nordics, Baltics and even in the Silicon Valley.
Closing Date 30.09
See more at ArcticStartup’s Job section at http://www.arcticstartup.com/jobs/183
PR & Communications Internship job description:
• together with Sibesonke’s leadership team (a) create a PR and communication strategy, (b) develop execution plan and (c) do hands-on work including
– Social media: Twitter, Facebook, web page, Sibesonke and guest blogs, …
– Sibesonke roadshow
– Presentations & sales material e.g. for AfricaCom 2010 Cape Town for exhibition stand
• travelling optional
• The Internship includes no salary from Sibesonke at this point of time – but this might change
• Excellent written English language
• Ability to create crystal clear written communication – long and short text (Twitter)
• Ability to quickly dive into different mindset of other cultures – Africa, ..
• Team player, not afraid of expressing own opinion but also good listener, motivated, eager to learn
More details including contact person and all job descriptions click link: Metropolia internships by Sibesonke
Sibesonke provides life-empowering mobile services for people without Internet in developing and emerging countries (South Africa, etc.). We stay in touch with our user community every day. Sibesonke is a lean start-up already now working with well-known global brands and non-profits organizations.
To visit Sibesonke’s website click their logo above.
EAT.fi started in 2005 by Tina Aspiala has revolutionized how to find and share information and experiences about restaurants in Finland. No longer having to search through outdated phone directories that provide little information about menu, atmosphere and opening hours, EAT.fi has brought together all restaurant information including reviews at a simple click of a button. Going from strength to strength EAT.fi now covers all major cities in Finland and has been listed selected among the SIME Awards: Rising stars of the North – The Mighty 36.
Introduction to the Internship
Through this internship you will gain experience of working with a fast growing advanced digital startup. You will gain a deeper understanding of Digital Marketing techniques and new business generation. Salary depending on responsibilities agreed and qualifications between 300€-500€/month.
Excellent written and spoken Finnish/English skills, Swedish language skills would be of benefit
Internship now filled
Community Manager/Marketing Internship
This is a chance to spend your summer working for a disruptive internationally focused startup with wide consumer reach — at a place where you will be able to make a real difference. Scred is a company building a service for communities and hobby groups to receive, manage and send money. It could be described as a kind of smart and social banking service.
We are primarily looking for people who would be highly motivated, ambitious, willing to learn, open to new ideas and have a desire to change the world. You should be able to work independently and with a “go get them” attitude, and you aren’t afraid of a few challenges. Your work will not be the usual unimportant summer job, but something that will give you top learning experiences and, if well executed, a superbly shiny early line in your resumé.
Length of Internship: Internship now filled
Salary: Discussion based on fit for both parties.
* Your job will be to help formulate a strategy and ideas for how to reach our target groups (student organisations, bands, associations, event organisers and indie film crews).
* You will be contacting groups and networks around the world, to get the word out there.
* You will help come up with ideas for small budget marketing campaigns. Guerrilla tactics most welcome!
* You love talking to to people, and especially listening to them, and the problems they need solving.
* You will work on landing pages and other SEO techniques.
* You have experience with metrics and analytics, or are willing to learn.
* Fluent English is required. Finnish is a plus.
* We are not primarily looking for loads of marketing courses, or prior relevant experience, but for someone smart, enthusiastic and willing to put in a bit of effort.
Internship position filled